Sunday, 6 September 2015

My awesome dad

Writing
In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself
My writing:


How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks

I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks

I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks

 

Reflection

My favourite part was: showing my writing to dad

It was really hard when: writing the words and listening for the sounds. It was hard to have lots of ideas too.

Something that really helped me was: using my stretchy cat arm and listening. Planning my writing helped me to think.

Something new I learned was: I can do big stories and add some more ideas.

Kerri Thinks
What a fabulous piece of writing Brodie. I can see you have thought hard about your dad to help make your plan. You then used your plan to help add details to your writing.
Next time, please have a go at rereading your writing to make sure it all makes sense... are you missing any words?

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous story about your dad Brodie! He is very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete