Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Reading - retelling my story in order

WALT: summarise by retelling my story in order.

Success Criteria:
  • I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
  • I can record the main ideas, in order
  • I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
  • I am starting to think about what might happen next



How I am going

I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
Kerri thinks



I can record the main ideas, in order
Kerri thinks



I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
Kerri thinks


I am starting to think about what might happen next
Kerri thinks

Reflection

Summarising by retelling my story in order helps me because: getting me better at remembering the story.

It was really hard to: read all of the words because sometimes I miss out the tricky ones. I need to come back and reread.

Something that really helped me was: doing lots of practise.

Something new I learned was: I need to read back so I don't miss out words.

Kerri Thinks
I am pleased that doing lots of practise is helping your reading. Remember to read all of the words. Missing out a tricky word and then rereading is an important strategy to work out new words but you need to reread!
You can retell the story that ypu read and can find all the main ideas. Your next step is make sure the ideas are all in order.

1 comment:

  1. Great concentration Brodie; we are very proud of the development of your reading.

    ReplyDelete