Monday, 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots


Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves. 

We need to think for ourselves!!



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: I share things when I play with people and no one tells me to.

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: when I give a train to my friend who wants it even when I want to play with it. I share with them.

It was really hard when: I play with my friends and they want to play another game.

Kerri Thinks
Rangatiratanga is all about leading by example and doing some thinking for yourself. You can use your i time chart to make sure you are doing the right thing and leading by example. Some thinking you can start to do for your self is making sure you plan the must dos first during i time. Remember to make sure you are on track and completing each task.


No comments:

Post a Comment